EX VIVO STUDIES
CIDP Preclinical laboratory has developed studies on ex vivo model from human skin explants (from different ethnicities and phototypes) which are obtained from surgical waste. The ex vivo model:
- is a viable full thickness skin (consisting of both the epidermis and dermis) that can be maintained in culture up to 5-6 days.
- allows to work in conditions close to the in vivo model - human skin explants contain all cell types, resident in the skin which are capable of exerting their physiological effects on the tissue and neighbouring cells.
- allows an adaptable application according to the product topically or directly in the culture medium.
Studies using the ex vivo model:
- Skin viability, irritation and corrosion
- Whitening effect
- antioxidant/anti free radical activity (H2O2, UV, Blue light, Pollution)
- collagen/elastin synthesis
- anti-ageing activity
- healing activity
- Anti-pollution effect
- Sun protection (High energy visible light or Blue light, Infrared, UV)
- Wi-Fi protection